Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Life lessons

Today, I could have written either book, The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day or That's Good; That's Bad.

 ALEXANDER TERRIBLE HORRIBLE.jpg

First, I woke up early, only to leave late, Then on the way to work, the serpentine belt on the truck spiraled off and around multiple apparatus' under the hood.(That's bad) The good thing was it was just around the corner from the car mechanics shop. I frantically called my hubby several times to no avail because he was no where near his cell. I tried calling others, who also were asleep in the house I call home. No one answered. (That's bad) Frustrated, late and hot, I called my daughter that lives around the corner from me, she answered  right away. She jumped out of bed, grabbed my sweet grand daughter and was on her way to help me (she is a blessing!) Waiting, I successfully untangled the belt from the engine- yep, all by myself! The car shop opened in an hour and  it was going to get looked at. So, my sweet rescuers took me in to work. Yeah, I made it!
While there, I had missed quite a bit of the "getting started" information on a new Math Intervention program we are required to use this school year. So, I anxiously looked over the handouts and got caught up as best I could. Then another anomaly, my Windows Surface would not log on to either the district WiFi or any internet connection. I checked and played with every possible setting... nothing. (That was very bad)  Seeing my forlorn face, a kind lady offered her technology and I was off and running. (That's good)
At lunch time, I was happy there were several fast food places within walking distance. I called the shop, they hadn't even started looking at the truck yet. I thought about the mornings events and realized I was up against a struggle. Would I cave and cry, or persevere and fight on?
Those of you that know me, know I don't give up that easy. So, after the days work, that was scheduled and paid me till 4:00, they let us leave early knowing we had presentations to work on, which they gave us the hour pay to do at home. (That was a miracle!) Off to the shop hubby and I go. Still nothing! The office lady said she "can't find the parts." (That's bad) We rode to the nearest two auto parts stores, and found them all within an hour! (That's good) Again we leave the truck with the mechanic with parts in hand, and zip off to pick up my working daughter. On the way, hobbies truck begins to overheat! (That's bad) Water pouring from the water pump, we pray and hope we make it to pick up the waiting child. Filling the radiator with as much water as it could hold before attempting to go home, despair and frustration begins to try to take hold. We make it home, knowing tomorrow will be another car repair day. The mechanic that still has my truck did not hold to his half hearted promise to have it finished by 6:00pm. So again, we daringly take hubby's truck to go feed the horses. (could have been bad) As we begin to get back into the truck, a friend at the barn asked us if we wanted to borrow her car for a day or two. (Blessing!) I am so thankful and grateful that I can not even express it!
So, lesson of the day -when you have one of those days, just keep plugging along the best you can, and you will end up blessed in ways you may not expect.

No comments: