Sunday, January 12, 2014

Benchmarks....ugh

Getting ready for benchmarks next week, I'm thinking about how much stress this puts on students. At our school, students know that lack of passing with the minimum required percentage, will result in their enrollment into RTI &/or Extended day. I am really feeling their pain today as I type this. Although I have used computers, laptops, ipads, I just got a windows surface. Can I operate it? Not very well yet! So, how is this related? This is how our kiddos feel, like they have the tools to complete the task, but have not perfected their skills just yet. So, my question is, how do we keep these kids from feeling the pressure? How do I keep myself from not feeling the pressure that a 9-10 year olds performance is my evaluation? However, I'll save that later question for another day :) How are you keeping kids from wigging out at benchmarks or testing? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

No comments: